Hotmail sign in service mainly provided by outlook.com. Using outlook login, you can check your Hotmail login email. In this article, we will explain how to check your Hotmail signin log from your smartphone or any other devices at www.hotmail.com. This is a free email service that is designed and developed by Microsoft. Earlier, this email service is known as Hotmail but, in 2012, Microsoft changed the name of Hotmail email service to Microsoft Outlook.
Hotmail Login Page – www.hotmail.com signin
- 1 Hotmail Login Page – www.hotmail.com signin
- 1.1 How to Create Hotmail Sign in Account Online @www.hotmail.com
- 1.2 Hotmail.com Signin Create
- 1.3 How to recover the Hotmail login email account
- 1.4 The importance of using Hotmail sign in
- 1.5 The History of www.hotmail.com
- 1.6 Compare Hotmail Sign in Difference with Other Email Services
- 1.7 Why Microsoft Claims that Hotmail.com is no longer available
It is a very simple task to log in to your Hotmail account. You need to provide the correct username and password and you will be able to access your account. The Hotmail email service has been changed to Outlook, but the Hotmail account holders can still use their Hotmail credential to log in to their account. Login process of Hotmail is very simple and this has made it popular among the lot.
Follow the below steps if you are a new user to signin to Hotmail –
- Step 1: Visit the Hotmail login page at www.hotmail.com.
- Step 2: Now enter your valid email address or username, followed by the correct password to the account.
- Step 3: Finally click on “Sign in” button and you will be able to access your Hotmail account.
There is another method to sign in to Hotmail and that is using Single-use code instead of a password. This option is very useful when you are logging in to your account on a public or other computers and don’t feel secure about using the password. In this method, you need to fill the single-use code instead of your password to log in. This code will be sent to you by SMS to the phone number that you had previously provided. The same single-use code can’t be used multiple times.
How to Create Hotmail Sign in Account Online @www.hotmail.com
Creating new Hotmail account is quite lengthy but it is not difficult. The process of creating an account is same as another email service available on the web. You just have to enter your personal information to sign up. If you don’t know how to create Hotmail account then, you can read this full article to get the best solution for your query.
Hotmail.com Signin Create
- First of all, you have to open a web browser on your computer and type http://www.hotmail.com/ and hit on “Enter” button. This page will redirect you to Outlook home page. Here, you will couples of options including getting premium, Sign in, and Create account. If you already have an account then, click on “Sign in” button otherwise process to next step.
- To create a new Hotmail or Outlook account, you have to click on “Create Account” at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, create an account page will appear with some text field. You have to Type the Email address that you would like to make and type the password for that account. One can tick on “Send me promotional emails from Microsoft” checkbox to receive promotional emails from Microsoft and click on “Next” button.
- Then, next page will appear. The user has to type First name and last name in the text field and click on “Next”. If you want to change email address then, you can click on “Back” button and follow the Step 3 again.
- Now, Microsoft will ask you to add details about your country and Date of birth. You can click on Drop-down menu to choose Country/region. You also have to click on the drop-down menu to choose Month, Day, and Year. Once you enter these details and click on “Next” button to proceed to next step.
- Once the above process completed, you need to enter following text in the text field to make sure a real person is creating this account. If you can’t understand the text then, click on “New” button to generate new text. Audio verification is also possible to verify identity. The user just has to click on “Audio” and enter the text that you hear and click on “Next” button.
- Finally, you will be redirected to welcome screen. Here, you have to select “Language” and “Timezone” and click on right arrow. Choose the theme that you would like to set in the background and select the Font style and click on “Let’s Go” button to start using Hotmail.
How to recover the Hotmail login email account
Recovery of Hotmail account is necessary when you no longer access your Hotmail account with the password or username. This can occur when you don’t use the Hotmail account it will expire after a long time. The other reason may be when you forget the login password of your account and cannot access the account. The Hotmail account recovery is a very easy task as all you need to do is answer the security question correctly that were provided during account sign up. An alternative email address will also be required to recover the account.
Recover Hotmail.com Signin Account
- Initially, go to the official Hotmail Homepage at www.hotmail.com.
- Click on the “can’t access your account” link below the login button on the Hotmail login homepage. This will take you to “Reset your password’ page.
- Now you will have to select the “I forgot my password” option from the various options provided on the Reset your Password page.
- This will display a “Reset your password” link below the “I forgot my password” option. Click on it and this will begin the recovery process.
- Now enter your Hotmail username which you can’t access and the captcha shown and click “Next”.
- On the next page, click on “I can’t use any of these options”.
- At the “Recover your Microsoft Account” window, enter the alternative e-mail ID in the box where contact email address is written.
- Enter the correct information about your account at the “Account Info” page and finally click “Submit”. It will display a popup with a message telling that the recovery link has been sent to the email.
- Login to your alternate email ID and click on the recovery link to go to a new page.
- Here you can enter the new password and after confirming it, click on “Submit” button. Now you can log in to your Hotmail account using the new password.
The importance of using Hotmail sign in
The reasons due to which people prefer Hotmail over another email service for sending and receiving email are many. Every feature of Hotmail is created keeping in mind the usability to the users. You can know the reason of popularity of Hotmail due to the following reasons
- Free of cost – Hotmail is completely free service. You don’t to pay any single amount to create a Hotmail account, nor at the time of account recovery. Emails are sent and received for free for people all across the globe.
- Ease of use – Hotmail is the most simple and easy to use email service. This simplicity and user-friendly interface is the main reason for its popularity. Other email services can get a little hectic due to which people choose Hotmail for its accessibility.
- Reliability – The Hotmail is the most reliable email service in the world. It is integrated with powerful features like SkyDrive and Xbox live. Moreover, it is regularly updated by the Microsoft team which ensures that users always get the latest technology.
- Security – Another reason for the popularity of Hotmail is their Security. Users can use the single-use code to login to their account on a public computer to keep their password save. Moreover, it is integrated with scam identifying features and warns the user.
- Social Media connectivity – Users can also connect their Hotmail account with social media services such as Twitter and LinkedIn. This makes the Hotmail more enjoyable to the users and the interface becomes more user-friendly.
- Integrated tools – Hotmail is also integrated with other powerful tools and services like Skype. Users can use the integrated Skype to chat with their friends and families. Video calling is also available on the Hotmail provides Skype.
- Instant mail transfer – The speed at which emails are sent and received is very fast in Hotmail. There is no delay in the while sending or receiving messages. You can be sure that messages you send will be instantly transferred to the receiver.
The History of www.hotmail.com
Hotmail is one of the oldest email services on the internet that was launched in 1996. Firstly, it is called as Hotmail that is coded by two programmers Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia. In August 2012, this free Hotmail Sign in email service is available for the general public when the name of this email service is changed to Outlook. There are lots of features are available on Hotmail older version including spam, file filter security, harmful program detection and few others. it was very simple to use, there is no need for any special computer skill to use the sign in Hotmail. The demand of Hotmail is still on high, this email service is considered as a professional email service. Users from all across the world love Hotmail feature that is effective and easy to use. Unlike other email services, it is one of the leading email services that is mainly popular because of the security features.
Compare Hotmail Sign in Difference with Other Email Services
On the internet, there are only two email service providers available that are secure and free include Gmail and Hotmail. These email services are free of cost, the user doesn’t have to pay a single penny to use such service. But, there are some differences that make both better. Hotmail or Outlook is an email service that is developed by Microsoft. On the other hand. Hotmail is better than Gmail in many things. On Hotmail, the user can connect their account to Twitter, Facebook, as well as Google and many others. But, Gmail is limited to few things that connect only with some social media networks. Unlike Google Gmail service, the user can mark unread messages as read in one click in Outlook/Hotmail without any problem.
Hotmail is equipped with some professional features such as view and edit document files including .xml and .doc or.docx. On the other hand, Gmail is enabled with wallet feature that allows the user to send and received money directly from the Gmail. On Gmail, the user will get total of 15 GB free storage space but in Hotmail, the user will get unlimited storage space for email services. Unlike Outlook or Hotmail, Gmail service is unstable in many aspects. If the user doesn’t use your Google account for 270 Days (9 months) then, it will be automatically deleted. In case of Outlook, the Hotmail Login restriction policy is quite fair. Outlook account will only delete when you do not use Outlook or Hotmail account for 365 days (1 year).
Why Microsoft Claims that Hotmail.com is no longer available
With the advent of technology and innovation, there are lots of things changed now. Microsoft has always remained in hype for its unique innovations. They have changed many features of their online services include Hotmail and others. In the year 2012, Microsoft was discontinued many services. They made some service independent and some of them combined with new services. In case of Hotmail service, Microsoft did a plan to remove or replace this service with the new version of email service.
Finally, in the year 2012, Microsoft changed its Hotmail services into Outlook with some new features that make it comparable with others. There are many new features, new user interface, and other major fixes applied in Outlook service. The new look of Outlook made it confusing for many users. To make it simple for the users, Microsoft has not changed its official domain name and user accounts. Users can also access Outlook by entering Hotmail domain name in the address bar of web browser.