You can reset your Hotmail password by using Microsoft outlook password recovery tool online or change Hotmail password tool, usually people forgot Hotmail account password due to weak memory or due to using words hard to remember on a long journey of life. Read about prerequisites to reset your Hotmail password, to get through the process of Hotmail password recovery you will need a phone number linked to that account or a back-up email. If you don’t have both of these, then you will have to fill up a form asking some general questions about your account to verify your ownership to that account and rest Hotmail password successfully.
Reset Hotmail Password In 5 Easy Steps
- Open your Hotmail sign in screen, enter the email address and leave the password field empty.
- Now press the link saying ”Can’t Access Your Account” this will take you to a new screen here select the very first option saying ‘I Forgot My Password’ and click on Next button, now enter your emails address again for which you want to reset Hotmail password and then click on Next after entering the CAPTCHA code.
- Verify your ownership to that account by using the ‘Radio Button’ which suites you best, enter the code received on your phone or email. If you don’t received the verification code on your email or phone number then to troubleshoot the problem read Verification code is not received
- Now on the new screen enter the new password for your Hotmail account. Just remember that people can steal it if it is quite easy, too short, or a common dictionary word. Always use mix of upper & lower case letters with numeric words and some special characters (!, @, $, *, #, %, ^, &, -).
- If you have enabled 2-step verification on your Hotmail account Read the process in detail