You can use Hotmail (Outlook) with pop3 settings, unable to setup your windows live mail server with pop3 protocol? Read this to configure Hotmail POP3 settings on email server for your incoming mails. The steps are quite easy and are presented below in well simple style so that you can understand them easily.
Configuring POP3 Email Server – 5 Steps
- Sign in to your account and click on the Settings menu in the upper right corner
- From the new screen, click on the “Connect Devices & Apps with POP” under first column of options
- Now Enable POP, make sure that options saying “Don’t let devices or apps to delete messages” and save settings.
- Configure the application or device and use information given in steps written below
- POP3 Server Address: pop3.live.com
- POP3 Server Port: 995
- SSL Requirement: YES
- SMTP Server Address: Smtp.live.com
- SMTP Server Port: 25 (587 if not available)
- Authentication Requirement: YES
- Encryption Requirement: TLS
- Username: Your email address
- Password: Your current account password
NOTE: While setting up Hotmail pop3 server on your device or App, always enable the option saying “LEAVE A COPY OF MESSAGE ON THE SERVER” this will prevent you from deleting your emails in the primary inbox at outlook.com