If you have lost your Hotmail (Outlook) account and want to recover it, then here are the steps for forgot password recovery in easy steps to reset your account status and ownership. Microsoft has developed a tool online which helps to person like you for Hotmail password recovery from official sources by answering some simple questions to provide a proof of your ownership to that account. the process involved in recovering an account is about 5 – 7 steps long and depends on the option (radio button) which you choose at each question asked.
Hotmail Password Recovery – Microsoft’s Outlook.com
- If you don’t enabled 2-step verification on your Hotmail account then you should use this LINK to file a request for resetting your password.
NOTE: ACCOUNTS WHICH ARE NOT OPENED SINCE LAST 365 DAYS ARE DELETED AUTOMATICALLY, IF YOUR’s DELETED UNDER SUCH CONDITION, YOU CAN REMAKE IT WITH SAME EMAIL ADDRESS.
For Other Cases
If you don’t fall in the option discussed above, then open this LINK in your browser as the screen opens you will see 3-OPTIONS;
- Select the one which you consider best for your case and move to next screen
- In the new window, enter the complete Hotmail email address which you want to recover and then enter the CAPTCHA code.
- After moving to new screen, it’s time to verify your ownership to that account, select the method which fits you to provide an identity proof.
- If you don’t have any of listed identity proof then click the last option saying “I don’t have any of these” this option will take you to a set of questions which helps company to identify your ownership of account.
- If you use the Method 1 to verify your identity, then you will receive a link to reset your password of your lost Hotmail account.
- But if METHOD 2 is used then it may take about 24-hrs to get a reply with a link of password reset option.